Research Finds Increased Regulations, More Competitive Environment Drive New Workforce Management Investments and Strategies
LAS VEGAS (October 7, 2013) – WorkForce Software, the leading provider of workforce management solutions for organizations with complex labor policies and stringent compliance demands, today announced the availability of the “Workforce Management Trend Survey 2013 – 2014” at the 16th Annual HR Technology Conference & Exposition, taking place October 7 – 9, 2013 at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas.
WorkForce Software conducted its fourth annual Workforce Management Trend Survey in conjunction with Workforce magazine, a leading publication and online destination serving HR professionals. This year’s research focused on three core areas of concern to the HR function: labor compliance, workforce management priorities and adoption trends, and employee fatigue management. In addition, the report includes a special examination on the impact of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) on workforce management.
The study is based on survey responses from HR professionals at nearly 900 organizations spanning a broad range of industries, geographic distribution and company size. The results show the challenges and opportunities today’s HR professionals experience as the role of workforce management continues to evolve.
Key findings of the research include:
- Workforce management is becoming more centralized, with 68 percent of organizations having consolidated workforce management under HR – an increase of 12 points from the previous survey.
- The majority of respondents are concerned about the impact of failing to comply with labor regulations and how it affects their brand, highlighting the growing importance of brand reputation as a workforce management goal.
- Automating workforce management via commercial systems improves satisfaction, with 64 percent of commercial systems users satisfied with their workforce management processes, compared to only 27 percent of manual or in-house systems users indicating satisfaction with their current approach.
- A common challenge for HR teams is contending with a rapidly increasing workload; 52 percent of respondents said there is still too much work to be done.
- Flextime has become more prevalent, with 35 percent of responding organizations indicating that they use flextime to mitigate fatigue.
“The findings from this year’s research highlight the rapidly evolving workforce management landscape and reveal how today’s organizations are adapting their processes and technologies to meet new business demands,” said Marc Moschetto, WorkForce Software’s vice president of Marketing. “The research also underscores organizations’ growing reliance on comprehensive workforce management systems to help them comply with the increasing number of regulations, as well as to gain greater insight and visibility into the full cost, productivity and effectiveness of their employee base.”
For more information about WorkForce Software, visit us at booth no. 427 at the 16th Annual HR Technology Conference & Exposition.
About WorkForce Software
WorkForce Software is the leader in workforce management software for organizations with complex policies and compliance concerns. Through its EmpCenter® and RosterLive workforce management suites, WorkForce Software enables organizations to fully automate time & attendance processes, effectively manage employee absence and leave, optimize staff scheduling, gain real-time visibility into labor costs and activities through robust analytic and reporting tools, and mitigate the risks associated with employee fatigue across the enterprise. Hundreds of leading organizations, including the University of California, Blizzard Entertainment, AMF Bowling, Duke Energy and BBVA Compass, rely on EmpCenter to streamline compliance, reduce payroll costs, provide more intuitive tools to their employees, and achieve strategic HR on a global basis.
# # #
Note to editors: EmpCenter® is a registered trademark of WorkForce Software in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Copyright © 2013 WorkForce Software